Sunday, June 9, 2013

Toy Story, Tom and Jerry and a dirtbike cake

I was recently asked to do a Toy Story cake with theme cupcakes. This was quite a challenge but one I really enjoyed. It was a vanilla cake with vanilla icing fondant covering. The cupcakes were vanilla with buttercream and the toppers were made of fondant.


 
My next cake is a dirt bike cake. Nothing very little about dirt bike racing I had to do a bit of research on the internet. I found a picture which I used as inspiration for this cake. It is a chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream icing and covered with fondant. Everything on the cake is edible except for the bike. I really loved the little wheels along the track as I think it gives the cake a feeling of authenticity.
 
 
Here are the Tom and Jerry cupcakes that I got as a request for a birthday party. All the cake toppers are edible


I am really loving this new venture. I have a LOT to learn but with every cake my confidence grows ( and my experience). I would really love to do this fulltime. My next big challenge is my son's 5th birthday cake, also a Toy Story cake, so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment